Are you over or under collecting and paying sales tax due to imprecise customer address information? Many businesses do not regularly review their address information with sales tax in mind – this can be a costly mistake.
Wolters Kluwer finds, on average, that over 80% of addresses require some update to street, city, zip or state. Are you willing to risk being 80% wrong? There are over 15,000 ZIP codes in the U.S., many covering multiple tax jurisdictions. The Address Validation service will review and correct your customer information to ensure the correct sales tax rate and taxability rules are applied – mitigating your risk of over or underpayment.
- Verification Flag - The flags will include: address verified, corrected, bad (unable to verify due to incorrect information), and multiple addresses.
- Verification Message - For addresses that cannot be verified, a verification message indicating possible reason will be returned.
- Correction Flag - This flag will indicate which components of the address were corrected.
- Return correct Street1, City, County and State assignment formatted to US Post Office standard for street number and name for addresses that can be verified.
- Return ZIP+4 for addresses that can be verified.
Precise address information for tax jurisdictions from Sales Tax Experts.
Yes! I'm Ready to Be Contacted about CCH Address Validation.